CBD products are generally good and they have many health benefits. But the selection you make determines the efficiency of the CBD product. CBD is a quite flexible compound and it exists in several variations. But the most common ones are full-spectrum CBD and isolate CBD. Between these two products, would you opt to use isolate or full-spectrum? Well, before you make any choice, you must understand the effectiveness of these two types of CBD products.
What is CBD Isolate?
CBD isolate is the purest form of CBD. It’s usually made by removing all the other plant compounds from hemp extracts. CBD isolate essentially contains more than 99% pure CBD. This means that it doesn’t have any beneficial flavonoids or terpenes. It’s also nonpsychoactive since it doesn’t have THC content.
What is Full-Spectrum CBD?
It is a type of CBD that contains CBD as well as other cannabinoids such as THC, usually less than 0.3%. Besides that, full-spectrum CBD also has terpenes and flavonoids. These beneficial compounds usually blend with the cannabinoid to result in a product that’s powerful and has unique scents and flavors.
Health Benefits of CBD Isolate
For those who want to avoid the psychoactive effects of THC, then CBD isolate will work for you. This is the purest form of cannabidiol with a refined profile and no discernible odor or taste. Some of the benefits of taking CBD isolate include:
- Treating anxiety and depression
- Providing the body with pain relief
- Anti-inflammatory properties for treating psoriasis, arthritis, and acne
- Alleviating the symptoms of nausea
- Neuroprotective properties
Note: This is a refined and beginner-friendly product that doesn’t have mind-altering effects. besides that, its therapeutic effects are pronounced and this makes it ideal for those who are just starting their CBD journey.
Health Benefits of Full-Spectrum CBD?
Do you want to use full-spectrum CBD instead of CBD isolate? Unlike the isolated type of CBD, this version contains all the plant compounds found in the cannabis plant. this means that it’s more potent and produces more long-lasting results than pure CBD. The health benefits of full-spectrum CBD include:
- Treating chronic anxiety and depression
- Managing epileptic symptoms
- Providing pain relief, especially for progressive pain
- Managing muscle spasms
- Anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Management of other psychotic disorders
What Type of CBD Is Best for You?
So, how effective is CBD isolate for you compared to full-spectrum CBD? It’s not easy to outrightly state which type of CBD is best for you. They both have different properties and produce different results after interacting with the endocannabinoid system.
CBD isolate may only be the best solution for you if you want:
- Flavorless and odorless CBD: if you don’t want to experience the annoying smell and taste of hemp, then this is the best solution for you. Most CBD isolate products are usually tasteless and odorless. However, there are still a few varieties that have added flavoring.
- To avoid THC: THC is a cannabis compound that has psychoactive properties. It can change the way the mind functions and cause a feeling of euphoria. Besides that, THC can make you fail a drug test. so, if you want to avoid the “high” euphoric feeling and pass your drug test, opt for an isolated cannabidiol product.
- Take large doses of CBD: Pure CBD has a generally safe profile. This means that there are quite minimal doses of ever overdosing on CBD. So, if you want to take more than your usual dose of a cannabinoid, then make sure that it’s an isolate.
So, who is full-spectrum CBD ideal for? well, you should consider getting this type of CBD product if you want to:
- Experience the entourage effect: this is usually a synergistic effect between CBD, THC, and other cannabinoids. Note that the THC content is usually less than 0.3% in this case. But the entourage effect usually results in a high level of therapeutic experience. You are more likely to experience lasting anti-inflammatory action, anxiety relief, and pain relief among other effects.
- Enjoy an earthy flavor profile: this is important if you are keen on experiencing a slightly earthy taste due to the cannabinoids’ raw profile.
- Less refined type of CBD: generally, isolate CBD usually undergoes more refinement to eliminate all the other plant compounds.
Are CBD Isolate and Full-Spectrum CBD Legal?
Full-spectrum CBD and CBD isolate are all legal federally. The passing of the 2018 Farm Bill made all CBD products from industrial hemp with less than 0.3% THC legal. However, different states have different regulations. So, ensure that you understand your state laws before you make purchases.
Where to Buy CBD Isolate/Full-Spectrum CBD
Many manufacturers specialize in the quality production of CBD products. some only manufacture CBD isolate products while others manufacture full-spectrum CBD only. Besides that, some have both types of CBD products. Once you have found a brand that suits your needs, then you can make purchases directly from the manufacturer’s website.
The Bottom Line
So, how effective is CBD isolate for you compared to full-spectrum CBD? The truth is that the effectiveness of these two compounds depends on your preferences. They are people who find full-spectrum CBD more appealing while it’s vice-versa for others. Generally, isolate CBD is the best alternative if you want to solely experience the benefits of cannabinoids minus other compounds. Besides that, it would suit someone who plans to undergo a drug test. however, its effects on the body, especially in promoting wellness, are not as heightened as those of full-spectrum CBD.
On the other hand, full-spectrum CBD is less refined and, therefore, has other compounds. however, it’s known to produce the potent entourage effect. this makes it ideal for treating chronic pain and inflammation. Besides that, its effects usually last longer in the body. But regardless of the decision you make, ensure that you first consult your doctor. This will help you determine the best product that will work for you.